Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Winter Dreams



All I wanted for Christmas was you,
No gift you could give me would be greater.
No ribbons,
No bows,
Could make that any sweeter.
But all I'll find,
Under the tree this year,
Is my broken heart.
Shattered to pieces,
No warm hug,
No loving words can mend it.
I long for the look in your eyes,
Love, instead of friendship,
That's what I want for Christmas.
All the rest are gifts forgotten,
Crumpled wrapping on the floor,
Nothing to remember this Christmas by.
A frozen "Bah Humbug" escapes me,
I cannot be swayed by the glow of the twinkle lights,
The wishes of good cheer,
And smiling snowmen.
You've left me with a broken heart, That's all I got for Christmas this year.

Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain,
Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, Pain, is all I feel right now. Tears and hurt...cries of "he's a jerk" fill my ears but they cannot begin to draw me away from sorrow. The idiot who came up with "Misery loves Company" was wrong, leave me to my broken heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home