Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Thought provoking

I was listening to Good Charlotte's song S.O.S and I wondered about the lyrics...The person is calling for help, crying for it, but no one seems to be listening...Obviously since the chorus goes...
Is anybody listening?
Can you hear me when I call?
Shooting signals the air,
Cause I need somebody's help.
I can't make it on my own,
So I'm giving up myself
Is anybody listening?
Listening.
If a person was that desperate for help, would you not help them? The song also sounds like that since no one is listening they are going to commit suicide, and this is the letter that hey are writing to let them know that they needed help but no one stopped to help. There were times when I felt like that and I thought no one was listening to my cries for help and that I deserved to die. I don't feel like that anymore, but listening to this song made me worry that I was not looking for the cries for help in others. I feel like since I have been through a lot of pain and have come through to the other side(which is happiness) I should help the others who are going through the same pain...Don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home